Qualcomm SW Application Engineer, Sr. -Enterprise ROW -BSP (Taipei) in Taipei, Taiwan
Qualcomm Communication Technologies Ltd.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Applications Engineering
To join Qualcomm Customer Engineering team for Enterprise Customer BSP related issue support on Qualcomm compute Snapdragon products on Win11.
Customer Engineers are expected to:
Customize Windows ARM-based BIOS/ACPI/bus driver/OOBU/Stability issues for Enterprise ecosystem.
Define/explore technical competitiveness of SW BSP, including BIOS/ACPI/i2c/SPI/Stability/OOBU related enterprise customer support..
Work with internal Dev/CE team to isolate and repo/analysis issues.
Partner with external customers to understand the requirements, and assist customers to define proper product spec and plans.
Integration, development, and system debugging on OEM designs.
Handling customer Q&A, and work closely with internal developers.
Provide training to customer and communicate with internal for feature design details.
Strong knowledge of C/C++ programming. Experience on embedded HLOS.
Experience with Qualcomm BSP software is a plus.
Experience with Windows/ACPI.
Experience with Windows UEFI/ACPI/Stability/System update.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
English communication proficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in EE/CS, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ year of any combination of academic and/or work experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 1+ year of any combination of academic and/or work experience with debugging techniques.
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 3+ years of Software Applications Engineering, Software Development experience, or related work experience.
• 1+ year of work experience in a role requiring interaction with leadership.
• Experience in a customer-facing role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leverages Software Application knowledge to provide technical expertise of software systems through technical presentations in support of business development, customer training, product demonstrations, commercialization, customization, and maintenance of Qualcomm products.
• Collaborates with teams and customer personnel to identify customer problems, debug issues in customer design software systems, and recommend solutions.
• Drives system architecture and feature-specific customizations tailored for customer requirements from proof of concept to final product commercial launches.
• Assesses potential application of company products, prepares product specifications, disseminates technical information on specific software areas, and/or troubleshoots issues regarding software tools and products.
• Writes detailed product technical documentation, application notes, and FAQs.
Level of Responsibility:
• Works under supervision.
• Decision-making may affect work beyond immediate work group.
• Requires verbal and written communication skills to convey information. May require basic negotiation, influence, tact, etc.
• Has a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions.
• Tasks require multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning, problem-solving, and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification