Qualcomm 2022 Campus- Graphic Software Engineer in Shanghai, China
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
- • Communicates issues with team lead and peers.• Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.• Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.• Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.• Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.• Actively seeks answers for new challenges.• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.• Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.• Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).• Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 1+ year of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 1+ year of experience with Database Management Software.
• 1+ year of experience with API.
• 1+ year of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicates issues with team lead and peers.
• Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.
• Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
• Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
• Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
• Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
• Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
• Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf