Qualcomm Display ASIC Design Verification Engineer in Markham, Ontario
Qualcomm Canada ULC
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
Digital - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design, logic design, and system simulation. Defines module interfaces/formats for simulation. Evaluates all aspects of the process flow from high-level design to synthesis, place and route, and timing and power use. Analyzes equipment to establish operation data, conducts experimental tests, and evaluates results. Uses System tools, such as National Instrument (NI) products, LabVIEW, and MathWorks MATLAB, SIMULINK, VISIO and other toolboxes. Uses language such as HDL, C, PERL. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
Analog - Oversees definition, design, verification, and documentation for ASIC development for a variety of products. Determines architecture design and circuit specifications based on system level requirements. Is actively involved in all aspects of the design from system definition/simulation to circuit design and simulation. Heavy involvement in overseeing layout and silicon evaluation is also expected. Uses design tools such as Cadence ADE, MathWorks MATLAB and others. Provides technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Uses tools/applications (i.e., Cadence, RTL Compiler, etc.) to execute the architecture and design of a specific part of a block according to design protocol provided.
• Resolves architecture, design, or verification problems by applying sound ASIC engineering practices with some supervision.
• Executes the design and verification strategies of ASICs, SoC, and IP cores of own specific assigned part of a block or IC Package with supervision from project lead.
• Writes basic tests and regressions to identify any bugs in own work.
• Runs power checks on specific part of a block under the guidance of more senior engineers.
• Interprets the results of performance checks and reports them to team lead.
• Supports the innovation of ASICs, SoC, IP cores, and/or transistor level integrated circuits.
• Writes, reviews, and edits technical document in accordance with template requirements.
• Communicates directly with lead on any significant deviations from the Plan of Record for specific assigned part of a block in a timely manner.
• Participates in design or project reviews and project meetings.
• Provides input to team lead regarding areas for process and procedural improvement.
• Frequently transports between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile.
• Frequently transports and installs equipment up to 5 lbs.
• Performs required tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting).
• Monitors and utilizes computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day.
• Continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Science
Bachelors - Computer Engineering, Bachelors - Computer Science, Bachelors - Electrical Engineering
6+ months experience with design verification methods. ,6+ months experience with scripting tools and programming languages. ,6+ months experience with architecture and design tools.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf