Qualcomm Firmware Engineer in Chennai, India
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
CDMA Technology at http://www.qualcomm.com/about/businesses/qct
Engineering - Hardware
India - Chennai
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2-6 years of relevant hands-on technical experience in years Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2-6 years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++.
• Outstanding ability of C/C++ language
• 2-4 years of hands on technical experience in developing drivers and firmware. Experience working with low memory systems and code/data optimization. Hands on experience on Data structures. Good knowledge of OS theory and system architecture.
• Knowledge on wireless industry standards (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax) and RF will be a strong plus.
FW Job Function:
• As an software engineer in the WLAN firmware group, you will be designing, developing, unit testing, bug fixing and maintaining WLAN firmware components that implements functional aspects of WLAN features on low memory foot print processors that will work in tandem with device drivers running on the host processors. The host driver and the firmware implement the WLAN drivers on the Qualcomm’s WLAN SoC platforms. As part of this team, you will be working on cutting edge WiFi technologies, solving challenging WiFi design & performance issues and working with some of the leading WiFi ODMs & OEMs across the globe on their sometimes high pressure & tough timelines. Also, Co-work with Hardware designer to verify hardware (MAC) features and debug hardware (MAC) issues; - Co-work with Driver team to debug software/firmware interface issues; - Co-work with algorithm team to diagnose WLAN RF systems performance issues.
Required: Bachelors, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Electrical Engineering.
Preferred: Masters or PhD, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, and/or Electrical Engineering.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.