Qualcomm Staff Program Manager – Auto Group in Bangalore, India
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Services Group, Engineering Services Group > Program Management
20+ years of Hands-On Experience in Managing and Delivering embedded software
8+ years of Program Management experience managing complex multi-stakeholder programs
Strong communication/presentation skills as this role demands a lot of interactions with Sr. Management and with Customer
5+ years working with PM tool for requirement management, resource management, budget management and tracking project financials actuals vs. estimation
The QCT Software Program Management team has an immediate opening for a Senior/Staff Level Program Manager to work in partnership with engineering and product leadership to manage large scale commercial projects in our Auto software organization. The ideal candidate has a large breadth of technical experience and leadership skills. The ideal candidate would be able to leverage their engineering background to proactively work with a very talented engineering team in making software delivers for the next generation SoC
If you are an experienced technical program manager with embedded SW, systems, multimedia, neural network, or AI experience, looking to join a rapidly expanding team, this job is for you.
At Qualcomm, program managers are required to be technically proficient in their field(s). Many Program Managers have advanced technical degrees and count on these skills to drive successful projects.
We need a highly motivated self-starter that enjoys working in a high energy environment, with the smartest people in the industry. If you enjoy seeing the results of your strong communication and organizational skills leading to market leadership, this job is for you.
Duties include the following:
• Plan, manage and control the Plan of Record (POR) for technology deliverables for Software products for next generation Auto SoC (System on Chip) by ensuring project plans are implemented on schedule, within scope, and budget.
• Translate the organizational strategy and evolving product roadmaps into successful programs, and drive decisions necessary for program delivery by partnering with program sponsors and organizational leadership. Manage priorities based on organization/QCT strategy
• Works closely with product management, technology core teams, systems, software, and other leads and program managers to ensure successful and timely delivery of a quality product.
• Roll-up and reporting regularly to senior management on key product development milestones, metrics, risks, risk mitigation plans, and staffing status.
• Risk management and disciplined management of information to internal and external key stakeholders.
• Organize and lead interdepartmental meetings, to set project milestones, define project tasks, establish program policies and processes, and allocate resources.
• Ensures change control, priority changes, development reviews, and other product development processes are effectively implemented.
• Enable real-time visibility on project schedules and KPIs to management with dashboards and reports.
• Participate in design reviews and coordinate or assure compliance to design or department checklists and procedures.
• Supports the adoption of processes by applying best practices and identifying and recommending process improvement opportunities within respective programs.
• Manage Resources, Headcount, and Budget for the SW group
PMP Certification preferred
Exposure to functional safety architecture to meet ISO26262 standards
Passionate about Managing Programs and Deliveries
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf