Qualcomm Staff Design Engineer -Infra in Bangalore, India
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware Engineering
Plans, designs, and develops electronic systems, circuits, components, integrated circuitry, mechanical systems, equipment and packaging, optical systems, and/or DSP systems. Conducts simulations and analyses of designs. Develops emulation solutions. Evaluates, characterizes, and develops the manufacturing solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes. Interfaces with various cross-functional teams (e.g. Designers, Software/System Engineering, Architecture Development, Business Groups, Customers, Customer Engineering) to drive and incorporate the latest test solutions in the production program to improve the yield, test time, and quality. Evaluates reliability of materials, properties, and techniques used in production.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 4+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 3+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
• 8+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
• 2+ years of experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software.
• 2+ years of experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc.
• 1+ year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops complex features and components of hardware designs in line with proposals or roadmaps for complex products; advises less experienced engineers working together on common testing and design tasks.
• Applies advanced design rules and processes for electronic hardware, equipment, and/or integrated circuitry independently; has a basic understanding of other domains.
• Reads device specification sheets and interprets complex details required to design various hardware features; provides guidance to less experienced engineers working with spec sheets.
• Identifies advanced ways to optimize tests and/or hardware designs by evaluating device performance over a wide range of operating conditions and configurations.
• Evaluates complex design features to identify potential flaws (electrical, mechanical, hardware), compatibility issues, and/or compliance issues; advises less experienced engineers on design evaluations.
• Documents complex details about materials, components, chipsets, and functionality for a device while being mindful of potential compatibility, safety, and compliance issues; assists less experienced engineers in their documentation of these details.
• Troubleshoots advanced issues with product designs and finds solutions that are documented and shared with internal teams working on similar products.
• Provides essential technical input, support, and documentation for internal customers; advises less experienced engineers on how to provide support for clients.
• Acts as a tech lead on mid-sized to large projects and owns the outcome of the project.
• Manages project-related activities (e.g., meetings, documentation, deliverables) between their team and other teams working on the same or similar products, operating across locations and time zones; brings the project to conclusion.
• Utilizes deep understanding of Qualcomm products to evaluate and test hardware designs and identify unique components or functions that could potentially be filed for IP patents; shares these findings with their manager.
• Displays deep knowledge in a specific area; acquires advanced knowledge of industry trends, competitor products, and advances in various engineering fields from publicly available information; shares knowledge with others on team and helps less experienced engineers understand and apply advanced concepts.
• Conducts specialized analyses (e.g., feasibility studies, signal integrity, power integrity, teardown analyses) and reviews analyses conducted; provides guidance and feedback to junior engineers in the execution and interpretation of these analyses.
Additional responsibilities may also include:
• Develops design implementation, analysis, methodology, flows, and automation for development and validation of System on Chip, electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, and packaging.
• Provides design solutions to evaluate, characterize and develop the design implementation solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes.
• Interfaces with various cross functional teams (RF, Analog and Digital IC designers, Software, System Engineering, Test Engineers, Customer Engineering, and Operations) to drive and incorporate the latest design solutions in the production program to improve yield, productivity, and quality.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working independently with little supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks that do not have defined steps; simultaneous use of multiple mental abilities is generally required to determine the best approach; mistakes may result in significant rework.
• Exercising substantial creativity to innovate new processes, procedures, or work products within guidelines or to achieve established objectives.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf