Qualcomm Engineer(Power design) - Sr in Bangalore, India
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Hardware Engineering
3+ years of experience with industry standard FC/Genus Flows.
Good understanding of implementation fundamentals and area/power/timing trade-offs.
Good exposure to Back-End P&R flows as well.
Displayed good communication skills and attitude.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 5+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field.
• 6+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with circuit design (e.g., digital, analog, RF).
• 2+ years of experience utilizing schematic capture and circuit simulation software.
• 2+ years of experience with hardware design and measurement instruments such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF tools, etc.
• 1+ year in a technical leadership role with or without direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develops common features and components of hardware designs in line with product proposals or roadmaps; assists less experienced engineers on testing and design tasks.
• Designs, develops, modifies, and evaluates common components for electronic hardware, equipment, and/or integrated circuitry; advises less experienced engineers on more advanced aspects of the designs they are working on.
• Reads device specification sheets and interprets common details required to design various hardware features; provides guidance to less experienced engineers working with spec sheets.
• Identifies common ways to optimize tests and/or hardware designs by evaluating device performance over a wide range of operating conditions and configurations.
• Evaluates complex design features to identify potential flaws (electrical, mechanical, hardware), compatibility issues, and/or compliance issues.
• Documents essential details about materials, components, chipsets, and functionality for a device; assists less experienced engineers in their documentation of these details.
• Troubleshoots complex issues with product designs, finds solutions, and advises less experienced engineers on their suggested solutions.
• Provides essential technical input, support, and documentation for internal customers.
• Acts as a tech lead on small to mid-sized projects and owns the outcome of the project.
• Provides accurate schedule in preparation of kick start to project.
• Assists in the evaluation and testing of hardware designs to identify unique components or functions that could potentially be filed for Intellectual Property (IP) patents.
• Seeks essential knowledge of industry trends, competitor products, and advances in various engineering fields from publicly available information; shares this information with others on team and helps less experienced engineers understand and apply advanced concepts.
• Assists in conducting specialized analyses (e.g., feasibility studies, signal integrity, power integrity, teardown analyses) with minimal direction from more experienced engineers.
Additional responsibilities may also include:
• Develops design implementation, analysis, methodology, flows, and automation for development and validation of System on Chip, electronic parts, components, integrated circuitry, and packaging.
• Provides design solutions to evaluate, characterize and develop the design implementation solution for leading-edge products in the most advanced processes.
• Interfaces with various cross functional teams (RF, Analog and Digital IC designers, Software, System Engineering, Test Engineers, Customer Engineering, and Operations) to drive and incorporate the latest design solutions in the production program to improve yield, productivity, and quality.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working independently with little supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; Errors may have relatively minor financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; Errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey information that may be somewhat complex to others who may have limited knowledge of the subject in question. May require basic negotiation and influence, cooperation, tact, and diplomacy, etc.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks with multiple steps that can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising creativity to draft original documents, imagery, or work products within established guidelines.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or incomplete; intermediate data analysis/interpretation skills may be required.
• May be solicited during strategic planning period.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf