Qualcomm Engineer, Associate in Bangalore, India
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
0 to 1 years of relevant experience
Solid hands-on software design, development, optimization and debugging experience on complex embedded computing platforms.
Experience working on computer vision kernels/imaging and vision accelerators is preferred.
Mandatory skills and experience required in C/C++ programming and operating systems like QNX, Linux and other RTOSs.
Candidate should be detail-oriented and have strong analytical and debugging skills, strong communication skills (written and verbal), working with teams across multiple time zones.
Experience designing complex fault-tolerant safety systems, and designing in accordance to industry standard specifications (eg. ISO26262, ASPICE) is preferred.
Fluent in industry standard software development tools: debuggers, code revision control systems (GIT, Perforce), IDEs and build tools.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Common Job Description:
Design, development and optimization of embedded software and/or device drivers in one or more Real-Time Operating Systems - Android, QNX or Embedded Linux.
Enable vision algorithms/kernels realizable on DSPs, vision accelerators or GPUs
Design complex fault-tolerant safety systems in accordance to industry standard specifications (eg. ISO26262, ASPICE).
Contribute to all phases of software development - bring-up, design and deployment.
Work with engineers, partners and customers across different geographical sites and technology domains.
• 1+ year of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.
• 1+ year of experience with Database Management Software.
• 1+ year of experience with API.
• 1+ year of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicates issues with team lead and peers.
• Adapts to changes and setbacks in order to meet deadlines.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles.
• Collaborates with others inside project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information specific to a module or sub-block of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Collaborates with individuals within domain to complete the team's work.
• Stays focused and deals with setbacks in a timely manner.
• Seeks out learning opportunities to increase own knowledge and skill.
• Completes assigned coding tasks to specifications on time without significant errors or bugs.
• Resolves straightforward software issues and bugs within a reasonable amount of time.
• Actively seeks answers for new challenges.
• Prioritizes project deadlines and deliverables with close supervision.
• Is receptive to others' suggestions about ways in which a problem can be addressed differently.
• Escalates technical issues to an appropriate party (e.g., project lead, colleagues).
• Networks with colleagues within domain to gain insight, ideas, and connections.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working under close supervision.
• Taking responsibility for own work and making decisions with limited impact; Impact of decisions is readily apparent; errors made typically only impact timeline (i.e., require additional time to correct).
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey basic, routine factual information about day-to-day activities to others who are fully knowledgeable in the subject area.
• Completing most tasks with multiple steps which can be performed in various orders; some planning and prioritization must occur to complete the tasks effectively; mistakes may result in some rework.
• Exercising some creativity to troubleshoot technical problems or deal with novel circumstances.
• Using deductive problem solving to solve moderately complex problems; most problems have defined processes of diagnosis/detection; some limited data analysis may be required.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
• Influence over key organizational decisions.
• Role in strategic planning.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf