Qualcomm Application Software Development, Senior Engineer in Bangalore, India
Qualcomm India Private Limited
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software Engineering
· Atleast 3 to 6 years of relevant experience in below areas
· Strong C programming skills with proven experience of writing efficient code for memory constrained system.
· Hands-on experience of Bluetooth/BLE. In depth knowledge in the development of audio/voice profiles.
· Good knowledge on embedded application (on chip) development with memory and MPIS constraint systems.
· Hands-on experience in complex emended software applications
· Understanding of basic Audio handling mechanisms in embedded environment
· Provide work breakdown for new features with feasibility study, effort estimates and risk mitigation
· Excellent trouble shooting and analytical skills that can be applied to resolve potential system issues.
· Strong communication skills with ability to evaluate and create design documentation detailing complex features and relationships.
Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
The role is to be part of the Voice and Music team which delivers software projects primarily focusing on Audio use-cases which go Qualcomm’s personalized audio experience solution in the emerging wireless (Bluetooth) audio market. This is an opportunity to be part of a team while helps shape how consumers will experience hearables of the future.
Right candidate shall be required to primarily contribute to all aspects of platform development. The ideal candidate will take ownership of a component of a project and will be responsible for delivering the software on a timescale agreed with the group leader.
Would be expected to design and implement new features and market driven enhancements to enable a use-case in a way that it enhances user experience. The engineer should be able to work with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of realizing audio centric use-cases like Music, Gaming, Voice for audio devices ( earbuds and headsets) in application software
· Development experience either on Bluetooth profiles (A2DP, AVRCP, HFP) or LEA profiles (Unicast music and gaming). Proficient in the use of protocol analyzers and packet sniffers
· Knowledge on peripheral communication protocols as I2C, I2S and USB
· Overview on DSP audio building blocks as codec, mixer to prepare an audio graph.
· Familiarity with Python and Perl scripting.
Applicants : If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodationsupport
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Equal Employment Opportunity: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
"EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement : https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Provision: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
Employee Polygraph Protection Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/eppac.pdf
Family Medical Leave Act: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/WHD/legacy/files/fmlaen.pdf
Rights of Pregnant Employees: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/Your-Rights-and-Obligations-as-a-Pregnant-Employee_ENG.pdf
Discrimination and Harassment: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/10/Workplace-Discrimination-Poster_ENG.pdf
California Family Rights Act: https://www.dfeh.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/32/2020/12/CFRA-and-Pregnancy-Leave_ENG.pdf