Qualcomm CPU Emulation Engineer - Multiple Levels in Santa Clara / Austin in Austin, Texas
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > CPU Engineering
As a CPU Emulation Engineer, you will work as part of CPU verification team to deliver emulation-based solutions for CPU team. You will work closely with all disciplines of CPU team to help verify and validate high performance CPUs.
Role and Responsibilities
· Work closely with CPU RTL, performance, and verification teams to deliver emulation-based solutions.
· Architect and develop synthesizable components, C/C++ transactors and monitors required for verifying CPU on different emulation platforms.
· Develop verification methodology, ensuring scalable and portable environment across simulation and emulation.
· Debug emulation performance and area issues to efficiently use emulation resources.
· Develop environment to run verification test cases, OS boot, performance benchmarks and other vectors.
· Develop debugging methodology to enable efficient debug and root causing of CPU functional and performance issues.
· Develop and maintain emulation environment to collect metrics related to emulation environment.
· Execute verification plans, including design bring-up, DV environment bring-up, regression enabling for all features under your care, debug of the test failures
· 5+ years of experience with emulation platforms – Palladium, Zebu, Veloce, FPGAs.
· Experience with synthesizing and optimizing designs and verification components developed in synthesizable Verilog.
· Experience with C/C++ DPI transactors and monitors.
· Experience in scripting using Perl, Python or shell scripts. Experience with packaging workloads for cloud.
· Experience with many different verification methodologies and tools such as simulators, coverage collection, gate level simulation, waveform viewers, or even mixed signal verification
· Experience with CPU architecture and micro-architecture is a plus.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here (https://qualcomm.service-now.com/hrpublic?id=hr_public_article_view&sysparm_article=KB0039028) for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies : Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Qualcomm expects its employees to abide by all applicable policies and procedures, including but not limited to security and other requirements regarding protection of Company confidential information and other confidential and/or proprietary information, to the extent those requirements are permissible under applicable law.
$139,000.00 - $208,000.00
The above pay scale reflects the broad, minimum to maximum, pay scale for this job code for the location for which it has been posted. Even more importantly, please note that salary is only one component of total compensation at Qualcomm. We also offer a competitive annual discretionary bonus program and opportunity for annual RSU grants (employees on sales-incentive plans are not eligible for our annual bonus). In addition, our highly competitive benefits package is designed to support your success at work, at home, and at play. Your recruiter will be happy to discuss all that Qualcomm has to offer!
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers (http://www.qualcomm.com/contact/corporate) .
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification